Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Field Blog Three

On Tuesday, I visited PICAN again. I observed a seventh grade classroom. There wasn't much activity in the classroom because the students weren't taking a test. I did however, got a chance to interact with one student was not there a few days before because he was sick and wasn't prepare for the test. I got the chance help a kid while he completed his review packet. He was a smart student, so he didn't really need my help. He did ask me with help on a problem on fractions. You could tell he was defeated by this concept by all the erase marks on his paper.  I showed him how to get the common denominators though multiplication. When I gave him a practice problem to do on his own, the eyes of the little boy recovering from a sickness lit up. He was absolute amazed how easy it was. I was proud, I taught someone how to do something!

As weird as it sounds, I was happy for the rest of the day. I went back to campus and told my friends how I assisted a student. Although it wasn't major help, it felt good to know that I made a difference in a students life.

No comments:

Post a Comment