Thursday, December 18, 2014

FieldBlog-Agnon


    Today I revisited Agnon with Adrianna because she needed transportation and I agreed to help her. Again, I still really enjoy it there. When I went with the class, I sat in an English class, where the students sat across the carpet and worked in their workbooks. Today I also was in an English class but they played a game called Word Soar. Usually the students compete in groups but today they were competing with themselves to save time. The students laid the flash cards all out in their areas and divided each card into a category. In my opinion, this game was productive. The only thing I didn't like was the teacher didn't go around to check them to see if the student was correct. (Although being short on time could have affected her method of this game)
     Once finish, the students then transitioned to math in the workbooks. The class was spilt into two different group. One was with a more advanced group of students, who went out in the hall to work and the other stay in the classroom, where Adrianna and I observed. The students circled around and began doing problems in their books and on the smart board. The students seem to enjoy the technology being used. But looking around the room, you could see how some students were going right along with the teacher while others were falling behind or skipping problems to keep up. This was different. In all the classrooms that I have been to previously, teachers could teach their students to understand the content but couldn't keep the students engaged. Here, the teachers could keep the students engaged but couldn't keep all the students on the same progression level.
       I now have a few questions purposed in my head on why this is. Is it because they students are younger? Or could it be because of the technology being use? It is now a few days until the semester is over and this has created more curiosity for me in the education field.

No comments:

Post a Comment