Sunday, October 26, 2014

Blog Eight:Exended


    When extending on BlogSpot 7, I would like to key in on a pattern I saw. Working together. In the book, it talks about how the student and teacher needs to work together in order to grow and learn off of each other. I think this starts by the teacher creating a relationship with the student so the student feels comfortable in the classroom. Once a stable friendship is built, I think that the teacher should emphases how no question is a dumb question. I know a lot of students who are timid to ask questions, my self included, because they are afraid that the question they have is a "dumb" question and that his or her peers are going to laugh at them. Or the teacher will get mad because they already answered the question previously. In my opinion, if a student has a question, it means they are engaged in what is being taught. Also, I believe that you can not help a student if they don't want to be helped. So in other words, you cannot teach a student who doesn't want to learn, where again, working together comes into play. You'll have to find something that the student is interested in and relate that to what you are teaching him, and let that be his motivation. By doing this, the teacher is learning off the student because he is challenging her to take a different perspective on things and together they are growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment