Friday, September 19, 2014

Classroom Expectations



      After doing the readings, so many different questions have ran through my mind. For example, do I want to isolate my students so they feel uncomfortable but not distracted so they are able to learn, or do I want to make them feel comfortable risking the possibilities that they will get distracted? I thought it all through, I want me room to have a theme of game boards. I will use the analogy that like the board games they play, they will face obstacles throughout the school year but they will have to keep working to overcome them and get through it. In middle school, I had this teacher that let us sit anywhere, weather it was on the floor, window sill or even on top of the desk. Although at the time, I loved it, I look back and cannot recall too many things that I have learned in that environment because I was so relaxed. I want to find a happy-medium for my students so they are having fun, but also learning.

      Personally, I feel like each year I will change my teaching style based on the group of incoming students. With our society changing as much as it does today, I believe that each year there has to be something different. Also as a teacher, I want to set the mood of the classroom. its hard to learn when you have a negative attitude, so i want to make sure that each year, every day I come with a happy, uplifting spirit to help brighten the students day. I have so many thoughts and excited just thinking about the possibilities that a student's future is in my hand. I just want to make it perfect for them, and support them in anyway possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment